Wednesday 4 May 2016

Twist in the 'Tail'.

It was about 5:30 in the evening, when I stood on my balcony for some fresh air. As I looked down, I saw some school boys playing cricket. It is not every day that one gets to see kids playing outside and not on their phones. Even though, I'm not a 'cricket-lover', I stood there, watching those young players, play the game with so much passion. The team that was batting, needed 6 runs to win in 2 balls, so the game seemed to be quite serious. I watched just out of curiosity. My view from the second floor was quite nice for I could see a group of boys playing cricket and my favorite doggy, named Casey, who was out for a walk.
Coming back to the game, the boy, who was batting, the last player of the team, was all ready to shoot a six, but he missed the first ball. His teammates were all tensed, but none gave up on their hopes. Each of his teammate was trying to cheer him up and encourage him. He was all set to face the second ball, the deciding ball. The bowler looked tensed, too; but, anyway, he had a triumphant look on his face. The bowler spins the ball and luckily, the ball hit the bat quite hard and the ball flew high. All the players looked at the ball in the air with fear and hope, and here comes Casey, just in time, entered, jumped and caught the ball in her mouth and ran away.
All of the players looked puzzled and I, from my balcony, couldn't believe what just happened, and I bursted out laughing. Indeed, it was no big deal for Casey!

7 comments:

  1. Casey is what Casey is and did what a Casey should have done. Nice story, and good work on the new look of the blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Casey is awesome! And than you, ma'am. I'm glad you liked it! :) :)

      Delete
  2. Hahaha! Nice..����

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading through, I'm glad you like it! :)

      Delete